Projects of the Association
During these years we have been developing different projects with which to expand and improve our aid efforts.
What is TERRA
This project is composed of a European network-based prevention and learning program, Co-finance by the European Commission DG Home Affairs.
The objective of TERRA is to reinforce the positive role victims and former terrorists can play in relation to the prevention of radicalisation and providing practical guidance to specific target groups. Target groups and beneficiaries include victims, (potential) terrorists, EU member states and frontline-workers in the field of law-enforcement, rehabilitation, teaching, welfare and social workers, journalists, policy makers, and religious leaders.
The 11M Documentary Centre is an initiative that arises in order to meet the information needs, related to the attacks of March 11, 2004 of different users.
As a result of the attacks, many literary, artistic and research works emerged by artists, journalists and professionals from various fields. Therefore, it was necessary to collect and classify all of them, since there is not a similar project in our country.
This documentary center is intended for researchers, journalists, authors and users in general; our main functions are to collect, systematize and disseminate all those literary, journalistic and investigative works that have as their thematic nexus the attacks of March 11 and / or their victims.
We will create a database that will be permanently updated and provide direct attention to users. This platform will also incorporate all those works that, having not been published or have not been disseminated, have not been available to the society in general.
European Network of Victims of Terrorism
The main aim of NAVT is to stimulate trans-national co-operation between associations of victims of terrorism and enhance the representation of victims' interests at European Union level. This should be done through the setting up and running of a stable, focussed and effective network of European associations of victims of terrorism or other non governmental organisations with a special focus on supporting victims of terrorism.
The general aim of NAVT are:
- Create a network of associations of victims of terrorism or other organisations with a special focus on supporting victims of terrorism;
- Contribute to increase the representation of victims of terrorism in the European Unionas well as the solidarity of European citizens with them;
- Assess current aid and protection offered to victims of terrorism in the European Union;
- Gather best practices and identify gaps in the aid and protection offered to victims of terrorism;
- Propose activities to extend best practices and address these gaps;
- Support the Union's goal of providing aid and protection to victims of terrorism.